Letter from a 3rd grade teacher to Pagan parents

A letter from a 3rd grade teacher sent home to pagan parents
by Ld Obyron Irondrake

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Thomas,

I write this letter in concern of your daughter, Aradia Moon. Please
don't take this the wrong way, however, although she is a straight A
student and a very bright child, she has some strange habits that I
feel we should address.

Every morning before class, she insists on walking around the
classroom with her pencil held in the air. She says she is "drawing
down the moon." I told her Art Class is in an hour and to please
refrain from then to do any drawing.

And speaking of Art Class, whenever she draws a night sky, she
insists on drawing little circles around all the stars and people
dancing on the ground. And that brings up dancing, I had to stop her
twice for taking off her clothes during a game of Ring Around the
Rosey! By the way, what does the term "skyclad" mean?

Aradia has no problem with making friends. I always find her sitting
outside during recess with her friends sitting around her in a
circle. She likes to share her juice and cookies. It is nice how she
wants no one to ever thirst or hunger. However, when I walked over to
see what they were doing, she jumped up and told me to stop, pulled
out a little plastic knife and started waving it in front of me. I
thought this was a bit dangerous, so I took her to the Principal's
Office. She explained to the Principal that she was "opening the
Circle" to let me in. She also said that her Mommy and Daddy always
told her not to play or run with an "athame" in her hand, that she
could put someone's eye out. I don't know what an "athame" is, but I
am glad that she keeps it at home.

As for stories, your daughter tends to make up some whoppers. Just
yesterday while I was talking sternly to Tommy Johnson and shaking my
finger at him, he started screaming and ran from the room. When I
finally caught him, he told me that Aradia told him and the rest of
the class that the last time I shook my finger at someone, they
caught the chicken pox. I explained to him that the Sally Jones
incident was just a coincidence, and that things like that don't
really happen.

One of the strangest things that happened was when I asked the
children to bring in Halloween decorations for the classroom. Aradia
brought in salt, incense and her family album. I see she has quite a
sense of humor.

One of Aradia's worst habits is that she is very argumentative. We
were discussing what the Golden Rule was (Do Unto others as you would
have them Do Unto You), she firmly disagreed with me and stated it
was "Do As you Will, but Harm None" and she will not stop saying "So
Mote It Be" after she reads aloud in class. I try correct her on
these matters and she got very angry. She pointed her finger at me
and mumbled something under her breath.

In closing, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas, I would like to set up a
parent/teacher conference with you sometime next week to discuss
these matters. I would like to see you sooner, but I have developed
an irritating rash that I am quite worried about.

With Deep Concerns,
Mrs. Livingston

P.S. Blessed Be. I understand that this is a greeting or closing from
your country that your daughter informs me is polite and correct.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

10 Statements