Bah, humbug

I despise Valentine's Day.  I don't like how it's celebrated.  I think that people shouldn't spend all of this money on that special person on just one day.  Why not take the entire year to celebrate that person?  Sure, it's nice to receive flowers or something for Valentine's Day, but, c'mon people!  Why give in to this?

Last year, retailers made something like $16.3 BILLION on Valentine's Day sales.  We're in a recession, too, so it's hard for me to wrap my head around this.  Are men spending this money (and studies show that men end up spending nearly twice as much as women do) to make up for being complete and total assholes the rest of the year?  Why are women spending an average of nearly $70?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?