So many things

First I want to start off by saying thank-you to Angie; read the following to find out why.

Today was a decent day at work. I was getting my "quota" in for the time I was on a register (I work at Babies R Us) and doing a pretty good job (10 in four hours is bad for me, but everyone else is REALLY good, lol). Anyway, I wear my necklaces to work (one has a moon pentacle, with an ankh on one side and a unicorn head on the other; my other one is a large circlular Celtic knot pendant that I got from a friend of mne, apparently it didn't want her anymore). Anyway, this mother and her daughter came through my line with a purchase. The mother said that she really liked my pendant. Come to find out SHE'S PAGAN! I was ecstatic and happy and it helped my day. On her way out, she said, "Blessed Be." Unforunately I was only able to get out "Blessed" before my next customer put their stuff on the counter. It made me feel great today and I had a much better outlook for the rest of the day.

It felt wonderful to see someone like that come through my line. There was someone else on another register and they came to mine. I wanna say it was almost empowering to see another who shared the same beliefs I do... and in a baby store of all places!! I mean, there are a couple of other girls there who follow a spiritualistic path (be it Druidic, Wiccan, etc.) but they don't really say it. At least we know with each other, right? I keep wishing that woman will come back but she lives in northern California. :( Because of today's society though, I almost couldn't get out the word "Blessed" when she said "Blessed Be" to me. I know it's still looked down upon, no matter where you go (at least it seems that way), so I find it difficult to return the greeting. I despise that fact. I'm hoping to work on it. Maybe when someone tells me "God Bless" I'll return with "Blessed Be" or "Goddess Bless" just to see if I can get the words out of my mouth without fearing a look from someone...

I feel comfortable with my beliefs and feelings; I feel comfortable knowing that my views differ from those around me. I'm hoping that Bella will grow to not even think about the religion of other people. I hope she grows up without having to deal with the scrutiny and prejudice my sister and I dealt with when she and I were younger. No kid should have to go through that. I don't care what creed, color, religion, whatever you are; so long as we can get along without any problem, it's fine. Sure, you believe in one god; I happen to believe in many. You have a weekly, sometimes twice a week, service in a building for your one god; I can go into my backyard any day of the week for my many.

My friend Dew put it rather well to me:

"..I am a Spiritualist..I walk a Pagan Path. It's all about love and respect for one another, and Mother Earth..."

This is how I feel. Dew is a wonderful person and though I've never met her, I'm sure we'd get along fine if we were to actually meet. I value her opinions and thoughts, as well as those on my main message board, www.witch.net. There are wonderful people there. I've had the priviledge of only meeting a few of them. I would love to meet the rest of them.

That's really it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

10 Statements