I miss blogging every day

Simple as that. I used to blog ALL the time. Now, I'm reading my friend's ::baby blog:: more than anything else. Some days I really hate coming into work, but the pay is worth it.. for now. I can't wait to move and go home. I hate California. I miss the good friends I have Denver.

The Kearney/Donovan Family will be in Colorado by the weekend of August 20. The Kearney Family will be staying with my mother until we can get our own home. The Donovan Family will be staying with Kat & Bird (guys, if things have changed here, PLEASE tell me so we can think of someplace else for Mom and Angel). With my discharge paperwork from March 2007 (for those military folks, my DD214), I'm hoping to get a decent home loan. We're hoping to get (at most) a loan for $300K. We're looking for homes in the Lakewood, Littleton and Englewood areas. We'll be needing a 4-5 bedroom home with at least 2.5 bathrooms; square footage preferred is at least 2,500 square feet. We'd prefer at least a one car garage, possibly two; I have my Saturn L200 and Mom has her Kia Optima. Hoepfully, we can get Patrick his own vehicle soon; I doubt we'll be working in the same area when we first arrive in Denver.

So.. Patrick's end of active obligated service (or EAOS) is August 20; this is five days sooner than we were originally anticipating. This is good; we'll be in Denver five days sooner. We'll be heading out August 21, as we'll no longer be allowed to stay in housing. We'll probably stop off in Hesperia for a short time, so that Patrick can say good-bye to his son, Jeffrey. This will be a very tearful departure. When Jeffrey is 12 years old, by California Law, he's old enough to choose which parent he wants to live with; he's told Patrick already, "I wanna live with you, Dad." We're thinking that by the time this happens, Mom will have her own place and Jeffrey will have his own room, as well as the other two kids (by this point, Patrick will have two children between us); we want them all to have their own room; this would make that 4-bedroom option really nice.

From what I remember, it's about an 18-hour drive from sunny San Diego to the mile-high city of Denver. This will be done in about two days; if I knew Bella (and the other two drivers could handle it), I'd trudge on through until we got there (Denver or bust!). Bella will be 21 months old by the time we leave San Diego.

Anyway, I can't wait to come home!

Comments

  1. I hardly ever check your journal because you don't blog as much anymore.

    I'm sure when I'm a working mommy I won't have time to blog either <3

    We can't wait for you to get home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

At the check-out line