If I miss it so much, I should probably make a point...

...to do it more often!

Today I had minor surgery on my boob. Everything is fine. It was so minor, they just numbed the area and a corpsman and I walked to a small OR at Balboa Navy Medical Center San Diego (full name of the hospital where I had two previous boob surgeries and my c-section). The procedure didn't take long either. My face was covered but I was still able to have a conversation with the surgeon and the corpsmen (more than one) standing by, assisting. I could go back to work, but here at home, I can take a nap if I need to.

Bella still doesn't mind shopping carts and hasn't gotten to the naked stage [yet]. She's currently passed out on Daddy's chest; long day for her. She hasn't really been sick; at least, not bad enough to HAVE to go to the doctor. The worse thing right now is a diaper rash that doesn't seem to go away. I've told the sitter to just use baby powder now (Desitin and other creams make it worse, believe it or not) and she uses, instead, GoldBond. Now I know GB is supposed to be awesome and all, but I'm her mother, you do what I tell you to do in regards to my child (her youngest is four years old and it's been about ten years since her youngest daughter was an infant). Every day, it comes back looking worse than it did that morning.

We're trying to do everything we can to get a house, or at the very least, secure a house for us when we move. We're using our friend's realtor (family friend; practically watched her grow up) and his lender. We're waiting to hear back from the lender this afternoon about what we qualify and/or what we need to do. We were both up-front and honest about our credit; it's far from sparkling (with his divorce and my credit card debt). We're both trying to regain control over our debts so that we can get a decent loan at a decent APR. It's shown in our history that attempts have been made. As it stands right now, everything is riding on that phone call. Two things we have in our favor: the VA and first-time home-buyer programs. The VA is pretty lenient with things like this; they're about helping folks get a fresh start. I'm just hopeful either way. I do NOT want to stay at my mother's (ideally) for longer than one week. In that week, one would think that we should have things moved into a house. We can go thrifting for furniture; I have no problem with this.

For those few who read this, please send us positive energies! We really need this break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

I Miss It... maybe a symptom?