Finding Work in Denver, CO

Not only am I looking for admin (hell, entry level) positions, but minimum wage/retail as well. Maybe I can land a spot at the Hot Topic in SW Plaza and I can dye my hair again. At this point, we've been here two weeks and I'm still not working. Pat just got a job, but it's part time. At least it's work. If anyone knows of ANYWHERE hiring (I will NOT work fast food nor will I wait tables again), please let me know. If your place of business is hiring let me know and could I ask you to put in a good word for me?

I really appreciate everything.

(KEEP IN MIND FORMATTING LOST IN COPY/PASTE)

Objective

A challenging position as an administrative assistant at a growth-oriented firm, which will allow me to both further utilize my skills and acquire new abilities in the Administrative support field.


Skills

- Typing: 70wpm

- Strong analytical and organizational skills

- Excellent interpersonal skills, phone manner, and office etiquette

- Software: Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong skills in Word, Excel, and Publisher


Experience

October 2007 – August 2008

Contractor – Administrative Support

ITS Group/QinetiQ North America, San Diego, CA

- Provided administrative support to faculty and student services of Defense

Acquisition University (DAU)

- Handled data entry to ensure information accuracy and completeness

- Prepared materials to support the faculty in the conduct of courses

- Prepared graduation certificates for DAU students

- Assisted scheduling of classes

- Managed store room organization and supply stock

- Interfaced with security personnel to assist visiting students with base access


March 2007 – May 2007

Administrative Assistant - Temp

AppleOne Employment Service, San Diego, CA

- Provided administrative support for AVID Center, La Jolla, CA

- Completed projects assigned by department leaders

- Completed large volume of data entry for upcoming summer events

- Answered phones and met with public to answer questions

February 2003 – March 2007

Administrative Assistant - Yeoman

United States Navy, San Diego, CA

- Prepared, typed and routed correspondence

- Drafted evaluations and fitness reports

- Organized and maintained files and service records

- Received office visitors and handled telephone communications

- Performed officer personnel administration

- Maintained records and official publications



Education

2007

Grantham University, Kansas City, MO (Distance Learning)

BS, Business Administration, 12 credit hours


2003

Central Texas College, Killeen, TX

General Education, 3 credit hours


2000

Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, CO

General Education, 6 credit hours


1999

Park University, Hill Air Force Base, UT (Main Campus: Parkville, MO)

General Education, 6 credit hours

Salary

$15-$16/hour or $30,000 - $35,000/year

References available upon request.


To Whom It May Concern:

I have worked for Information Technology Services Corporation/QinetiQ North America in the position of Administrative Support Contractor for Defense Acquisition University. The skills I use in this position will carry over well into the Secretary position as far as meeting deadlines, managing time and workload, filing and maintaining records and schedules, and communicating with tact and diplomacy.

I was a Yeoman in the United States Navy managing paperwork for up to 200 personnel in various career fields for Engineering Department aboard the USS Peleliu, stationed in San Diego. A unique factor about the Engineering Department was dealing with the engineers on a professional level, assisting them in their regular work and learning how and why they worked in their particular career field. The Engineers appreciated that I took such initiative to learn something not mandatory for my field. In the military, I also worked in a primary administrative building for the 32nd Street Navy Base, San Diego. We maintained service records, drafted paperwork and provided exceptional customer service. I provided detailed reports to the Assistant Officer in Charge, utilized in drafting an improved Naval Instruction and assisted in the writing and proof-reading of the document. I was the Petty Officer in charge of all out-going and in-coming official mail for the detachment and as a Petty Officer, had to maintain and enforce the military’s strict drug and alcohol policy.

After leaving the military I worked as a temporary administrative assistant for AppleOne Employment Services in San Diego, California and after my first assignment, was requested to interview for a new position within that company. At my second assignment I worked back and forth as an assistant and receptionist. During that time I expanded my knowledge of Microsoft Office. I use Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, FrontPage and PowerPoint; I’m most proficient in Word and Excel and have a strong working understanding of the remaining Office programs. My most recent position was as an Administrative Support Contractor on an anti-submarine base. I prepared classrooms and provide assistance to instructors, both visiting and local, as well as the students.

I would like to expand my potential and my horizons in your company My experiences have provided me with a strong overview of how customer service should be and what needs to be done to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Tamara M. K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

My Anxiety - I made a HUGE step this weekend