From boring to busy!

Much has changed from the last post. When I made the last post, I was unemployed and not in school. Then, in mid-November, I started attending Artistic Beauty College and the week after that, I started at Walgreens as a Beauty Advisor. It's been constant motion ever since.

Since starting school, I've learned: hair relaxers (for ethnic hair), cornrows, hair cutting, hair coloring, hair designing, manicures, pedicures and this week we're learning facials. I'll be out on the school's salon floor March 30th. My graduation date is set for next January.

Work has been busy. I close, so I don't get to spend much time with Bella. My one and only completely free day from both work and school is Saturday. I'm home with Bella today because of our sitter situation.

Bella's sitter is the sister of one of the girls in class (she carpools to school with me). This sister is also pregnant (and still wanted to watch Bella). Her due date was last Monday. She went to the hospital this past Monday for a check-up and they decided to keep her overnight due to a low heartbeat from her baby. So, Patrick got to stay home yesterday and today is my turn. We were worried about what that would do to our hours (we need x amount of hours every week), so we talked to the executive director. She knows just how serious we are about school. Hell, this is the first time I've missed any school. Until this point, I've had perfect attendance and done fairly well. The executive director is definitely going to help us out with our hours.

Patrick is looking into getting a car, as it's now become a necessity. My mom is going to take him to Happy Motors on Saturday and meeting with a mechanic friend of ours to get him a car. I'm really excited for him. After they get home, we're heading over to Walmart to get a car seat (Babies R Us is too expensive for us at this point; otherwise, I'd just go over there). This is what I'm looking at:

Evenflo - Titan Elite Convertible Car Seat, Levante $100.00

Item Description

Evenflo's Titan Elite is the convertible seat that accommodates growing children safely and comfortably. With its increased weight and height rating the Titan Elite can accommodate children from birth to 5 yrs old, protecting 40% more children up to 1.5 years longer.

  • Side Impact Tested - Meets or exceeds all applicable U.S. safety standards and Evenflo's side impact test standard
  • Safely fits children from 5-50 LBS and up to 47" tall
  • Evenflo ComfortSense pad system with Memory Foam in seat pan provides extreme comfort for your child
  • Cup/Snack holder and activity attachment provide convenient onboard storage and keeps child entertained
  • Toddler head pillow and body pillow for extra comfort
  • LATCH equipped for tight installation
  • Four shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use
  • SeatGuard base protects your vehicle's interior
  • Energy absorbing foam liner
  • Five-point harness
  • Dual position foot recline and buckle slot adjustment for more comfort and flexibility when fitting a child
  • Up-front harness adjustment allows easy and convenient tightening
  • Removable and washable pad and pillows
  • Two-piece chest clip allows child to be put in and taken out in seconds
  • Model #3701898

Evenflo - Titan Elite Convertible Car Seat, Levante

Here is a link to the other EvenFlo car seats I'm thinking about. Click me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?