Age is but a number

I remember when I was in high school, I remembering hearing about ladies counting their age backwards once they reached 30 or just staying 30 for the next 30 years, then becoming 40.  Why not be proud of how old you are?

I don't keep my age a secret.  Then again, I'm 30 and I look like a sophomore in college.. at most.  There are a lot of people I talk to who don't believe that I'm old enough to have an almost five year old child nor do they believe that I've served in the Navy [for four years].  I've been halfway around the world thanks to the Navy.

My secret is that I act how the age I feel.  Some days, my joints make me feel like I'm in my 60s, but my general attitude and personality help to keep me "young."  I take care of my skin and I drink a lot of water.  This keeps my skin youthful and it's a habit I don't plan on dropping any time soon.

My husband also does his part to keep me "young."  There are four years difference between us; he's 34 and I'm 30.  Unless we're talking about music, it's hard to tell that there's an age difference.  We joke around that he's "robbed the cradle," because when he graduated high school, I was just entering high school (my state/school district had 10th grade as the beginning of high school instead of 9th grade like so many other districts/states).

No matter how you look at it, I don't feel "old" at 30.  I don't think I'll feel "old" at any age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?