Life changes after high school

I'm definitely nowhere I thought I would be when I graduated high school in 1999.  I'm actually better off than where I thought I'd be.  I thought that I would save up some money and drive up to Oregon, where one of my best friends lives.  I never made that trip.  The choices I made moved me to someplace entirely different than what I originally thought.

I'm 30 years old now.  Since graduating high school, I've attempted college three or four times.  I was part of the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Denver for a time.  I joined the Navy for four years and wound up finding a great guy to spend the rest of my life with; he gave me a daughter, too, which I thought was awesome.  Not only that, but he brought with him a son.  Both kids mean an incredible deal to me. At 30 years old, I didn't know I'd be living in Texas.

Honestly, I wasn't sure WHAT I was going to be doing at this point in my life.  About a third of my life has already been lived.  It seems that it all goes by so fast.  I hope I can live the next two thirds of my life to the fullest and not regret a single thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

At the check-out line