Snow.. I hate the stuff

Snow is pretty to look at, sure.  After driving and walking in it, slipping and sliding through it, not to mention shoveling it.. well, you find that you are disillusioned about it.  It's just pretty to look at but honestly you don't want to be anywhere near it.

I've spent most of my life living in places (won't say states as I've lived overseas) where there is snow nearly every single year (and not always during the winter!).  I was stationed in San Diego, California for several years with my husband, and I quickly became accustomed to "snow-free" winters.  It rained for the winter season and I'm cool with that; just no "fluffy" white stuff.

We re-located to Denver (where I left for boot camp) and stayed with my mother for a couple of years.  The first year we were there, the snow wasn't too bad.  The second year was terrible; blizzards.  After that winter, we decided we were going to leave Colorado and leave the snow behind.

We move to northeast Texas where it snows only once per decade and it had already snowed the winter before.  We thought we were good.  We weren't.  It snowed that winter in northeast Texas.  I still hadn't changed out my all-weather tires so I was good to get to work, it just sucked a lot.

Eventually, we will be in a place that NEVER snows and we will finally be happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

10 Statements