So much to do, so little time

Michael will be home soon. Less than 48 hours from now, I'll see him standing at the baggage claim. It will be the first time in about four months. And it will be wonderful. I did a little bit of shopping at Rite Aid the other night and picked up some cards for him, telling him just how much he means to me. If I remember, I'll post them at the end of this blog.

Also, I'll be posting another belly pic tonight. Today, I start week 21. I had an appointment this morning. I guess they saw a benign fibroid on my uterus from my ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. They told me not to worry about it and that it will probably go away on its own. It looks like my uterus is measuring just above my belly button and considering I'm starting week 21, she deduced it was just a full bladder. I wasn't so sure, then I got up after the appointment and had to rush to the bathroom. Heard Belladonna's heartbeat, 150. And she was moving all around!! It took the doc a couple of minutes to pinpoint where she was so she could get a heartbeat. That's my girl. *smiles*

Michael still doesn't know but I'm not worried about him reading the blog; he's leaving too soon to get online. If I know him as well as I think I do, he'll get up with enough time to wake up, do his morning routine, dress and leave for the plane with our friend, Kari. I painted up a black tank top (with a shelf bra) with pink fabric paint that says, "It's a girl!" I think he'll like it. He'll enjoy the fact that he was right on both accounts (one that I was pregnant when he left just too early for the test to catch it and two that it's a girl; both of these he told me the morning he left). He'll be ecstatic to learn that he was right.

Now, his mom and I will be doing a lot of things around here to prepare for his homecoming. First thing Saturday morning (tomorrow), we're both getting up and dropping off my car at the dealership at 8am. The car is getting oil changed as well as an exterior/interior detailing so that it looks all nice and pretty and doesn't smell like stale smoke when I go to pick him up on Sunday.

After we drop off the car, it's off to Navy Federal. I need to get a cashier's check for something I bought for him. His cell phone majorly sucks and I gave him the weblink for a phone model that I really like and asked his thoughts. He said that he liked how it looked which made me think, "I better hope so since that's the one I'm getting for you!" I found one on eBay and messaged the guy about buying it outright instead of bidding on it. I explained to him that I wanted to get it for my husband who's returning home from a deployment. When they read that, they were more than willing to help me out. So, now I'm getting a phone that's worth over $300 for a mere $165, and that includes the shipping and handling. Not a bad deal, if I say so myself. It probably won't get here for about ten days or so, unless they express ship it. I'll send a note with it asking for express shipping and add about ten dollars, in hopes that it will be enough to cover the extra cost. The things I do for my husband; I love him so much.

After the bank, we come back home... unless we have recycable stuff in Mom's car, then it's off to the recycle center. If we can fit everything, we'll defintely go to the recycling center; as it happens, I just found one relatively close to where we live, so it's just on the way home. I don't know if Navy Fed will be open that early, so if it isn't, we'll do that after the recycle center.

Now, once we're home, it's not stopping. There is a LOT of clutter around here. Those of you who have been to my house (especially since February), know how cluttered it is. It's not really dirty, just a lot of clutter. The last time I went through and did a lot of cleaning, I had taken some caffeine/diet pills. I really don't think I'll be able to do that this time around. Almost a pity, but I'm okay with not having to take them.

By the time we're all done with the house cleaning, I think I'll be heading up to Target or Wal-Mart to pick up some new sheets and a lovely new comforter set. I want the bedroom to look really nice for him when he gets home, so that includes picking up a new bed set. *grins* I found the one I wanted about a month or so ago, but didn't have the money available to buy it. Now that I do, it's not there anymore. Oh well. I *will* find another one.

Hopefully by the time that's all done, there won't be much left except for maintaining it. Then, it's off to bed. I'm hoping to get up early enough (but not too early) to shower and shave. I plan on going to Fantastic Sam's or something to get my hair trimmed and put into pigtails (his request) and then have those curled. I want to look all kinds of cute when he gets home.

Before I go to bed though, I'll have to swing back to the dealership to pick up my car. It's going to look so pretty!! I just need to do two more things to it before I'm completely satisfied with it. It needs a full tune up (did one last year and it's due for one now) and get a new front end. When I first got the car, I didn't know the dimensions of it that well and ended up scraping the bottom when I'd park someplace that had one of those cement blocks or had a sidewalk. Needless to say that whenever I go through a carwash or slam really hard on my breaks, it falls off. There really isn't anything to hold it on and I think it costs about $200 to get a brand new one. That will have to wait until another payday. Tune up next payday; front end, the payday after that. Yeah, that sounds about right.

By the time I bring the car home, I just might be ready to pass out.

So, I have a 36 hours. It's just finding the needed energy for it. I'm still waiting for the supposed "energy boost" during the second trimester. Knowing my luck, I won't get it until damn near the end of it. Oh well. I think that's it for now. This was a nice long entry, methinks. It's nice to get my plans all out on "paper" so to speak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

10 Statements