Overtime

Today is spent looking out the window to a gloomy, overcast day.  Temps are relatively cool.  Today is also spent making copies of six month's worth of weekly time sheets for only five personnel.  I started this yesterday afternoon, picking up on it this morning.  I'm on the first week of June.  I have a long day and it almost noon.  I think they're covertly trying to mentally log how much time is spent online.  Technically, it's all day due to my Pandora radio.  This current post was typed in Word before posting to the group.  I'm hoping to have July started by the time I leave today.
I got a call from Mollye (yep, that's how it's spelled) from Century 21 yesterday evening (just before leaving work).  Patrick and I spoke with her when we were down here in May getting a feel for the place.  She told us that when we were ready to start looking for a house, to contact her and she'd get our VA stuff started.  We've decided to not go with the VA because they take forever and our friends in CO had a tough time with them and went with a private lender.  Mollye gave me the number to a private lender that has apparently worked wonders.  She tells me that the last two or three clients who've purchased a home through her wouldn't have normally been approved for much of anything, if at all.  I've asked Patrick (though Facebook messages) to call the lender and make an appointment, since his schedule is the one that changes more often than mine.  I hope he calls her.  Mollye is going to try and get us in to see the house we want on Wednesday afternoon (tomorrow).
From what Mollye tells me, if we can get the ball rolling now, we could be in a house within the next 4-6 weeks.  Now, she isn't guaranteeing (that word looks wrong but Word says it's right) anything but it's conceivable that we could be in a house by the end of the year.  This would be fabulous.  What would be even more fabulous is if things were moving so quickly we'd be in a house by the time we celebrate Bella's birthday (though on November 18th, celebrating on the 20th instead).
Oh, and I hate sharing the copy machine with the fax machine.  It blows, especially when a 20+ page fax is coming in.  Holy donkey balls, people!
Oh yeah, since all of this copying needs to be done tonight, I can guran-damn-tee you I'll have OT this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

At the check-out line