Historical Figures Admired

A couple of these historical figures are past presidents.  One of my favorite presidents was Theodore Roosevelt (he hated being called "Teddy").  He was more than just a man's man, you know?  He was the first president to travel OUTSIDE of the United States to get something done.  He was a nature conservationalist.

I also liked Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.  I didn't realize how much I liked how these past presidents until a recent history class.  They've helped me realize how strongly I feel on certain subjects and I've found comfort with a political party.  That party will never be elected to the presidency, but I can still have my goals.  My current favorite is running in the Republican party; he's originally Libertarian.  I don't agree with a lot of what he's done since he switched, but he still has some Libertarian ideals.  We'll see what happens.

I love the literary heroes, too.  Dante, Shakespeare, Shaharazad, Angelou and so many others.  Their stories filled us with the recipes for good imagination.  What little girls dream of with knights in shining armor.  The little boys who want to be the badass.  All of these aspirations come from stories inspired by these writers.

I never thought that I would put politicians and writers in the same entry about admirable figures, but things tend to change as we age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?