Our wedding day

Though I was very happy to marry my best friend, the entire day was nothing short of a lot of angry tears.  It's a sore spot, to say the least.  The pictures say that we're happy (and we were) the there was a lot of animosity toward my mother from me, my husband, his mom, and grandmother (sadly, the only members of his family able to attend our wedding).  I still hold some of that anger toward her, especially now as my younger sister is planning her wedding.  My mother wasn't really involved with things once we got there (we were living in California but got married in Colorado).  I mean, she did a lot of the legwork for me, but I saw more of my mother-in-law in the bridal room than my own mother.  She was hanging out in the chapel chatting it up with people instead of being with her oldest daughter as she got ready for her wedding.  I'm willing to BET that she'll be there with my sister, whom she's always favored over me.My wedding seemed more like my mother's wedding.

I walked away eternally bound with my husband, in the presence of my close friends and family.   Our ceremony was wonderful and was probably the only that turned out exactly how I wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?