The Names

My husband and I starting picking out names before she was ever conceived. our first baby together is a girl (he has a son from a previous marriage) and we called her Belladonna Satine. Both names coincidentally have Nicole Kidman in common.

Belladonna is Italian for beautiful woman. It's also an herb that helps with sleeping. If too much is taken, it can be fatal. Nicole Kidman link #1 - Her character in Practical Magic used it on her boyfriend Jimmy.

Satine is from one of my favorite movies -- Moulin Rouge. Here is link #2 - Satine is the name of her character. I'm taking the meaning of "sparkling diamond" for this one.As a whole, I say her name means "dangerous beauty."

Persephone Rayne - It just rolls off the tongue really well. Persephone was the name of a character I played in an RPG while DH and I were on deployment together. She and his character hooked up in the game. It seemed only fair. Rayne is for BloodRayne, the video game we both love.

Aurora Pearl - Aurora is my favorite Disney princess of all time (she looks better in purple) and Pearl is the first name of my favorite grandmother; she passed away three years ago (I still cry about it sometimes).

Tristan Alexander - DH and I came up with this one at the same time. We both thought up Tristan and were thinking of a middle name when I blurted out Alexander. It stuck.

Jareth Constantine - For a long time, he wanted to name his son Jareth but his wife at the time said no and he was named for both their fathers (Jeffrey Lee). I told him we could name a son Jareth (also because of David Bowie's character in "Labyrinth"). We needed a cool middle name. We were watching Constantine a lot and thought hey that would be a spiffy middle name.

Darius Sebastian - I love both of these names. DH took a little bit of convincing. Darios was also the name of an immortal on the Highlander tv series. Sebastian was the name of the main character in Neverending Story.

Comments

  1. Intresting how that is, isn't it? Before we had ever considered having a baby, both Brian and I had talked about what we'd want to name our children.

    Funny enough, one of the names we have considered is Rain (Raiin or Rayne) for the baby. I have also always wanted to name a boy Phoenix and he likes Davin.

    Too much to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

At the check-out line