What Is It...

...about Christmas music that makes some depressed and sad?

I was listening to Bing Crosby this morning and The Carpenters, and started getting really sad. One would say, "Well, then don't listen to Christmas music if it gets you sad and stuff." Good point, but I seem to be a glutton for punishment, and pick up more and more Christmas music every year (so far, a favorite is NSYNC's Christmas album, followed by Mariah Carey and 98 Degrees [yup, they did one too] but Jewel not so much).

I digress.

Thanksgiving was nice yesterday. We picked up my buddy Mike (friend since 6th grade!) on the way to Amber's. There were two turkeys (a ten and a fifteen pounder) to be deep fried, a yummy carrot and Velveeta cheese casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, dinner rolls, cornbread muffins, sweet potato pie. Good stuff. They put out a good spread. :)


Bella wouldn't stop walking yesterday. It was too cool. She was getting into everything, but again, it was too cute. I could compare it to my walking Easter Sunday and not stopping. It's cool though because you'd hold her, put her on her feet, let go.. and she'd go walking. I'm so proud of my baby girl.

It's funny. I've been Pagan for several years now, yet still find great joy in listening to Christmas music (though the above would like you to believe otherwise). Even the secular music I enjoy ("O Holy Night" is still my favorite, as well as "Carol of the Bells").

If my voice were feeling better, I'd be hitting that same high note Mariah just hit. I know I can do it. If I can do the high notes in "Saving All My Love For You" by Whitney Houston, I can sure as hell do Mariah Carey. I can even do that high note in "Take On Me" by A-Ha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?