Afraid we won't reach our goal

Okay, so Patrick forfeiting his last two paychecks to cover a debt that would have gone to court otherwise, made shit really fucking tight this month. Even with my paycheck and using my PTO for the days I wasn't at work (today, Tuesday last week); thank gawd I get paid for Monday. We're paying the sitter the normal rate, minus three days; this will help out a little.

I now have to do with another debt what I did with this last one. If they tell me I can settle, it's just under $500 (by a whole quarter). Now, we could forfeit his whole check again (which is just under $500), but that would leave us in a tight spot again and we need groceries and diapers. After this debt, I have three others similar to it; I haven't even contacted them about settlements. I know which one is next; I'm just hoping they allow me to settle.

I haven't paid for school in at least two months; I hate that. It's worse that I'm not doing so well in one class; I haven't even made it through the first test!! That test is for the REVIEW chapter (of shit I SHOULD know). I've done it twice now and no dice. I need to pass with at least a C. Even if people help me on those tests, there's still the proctored exam. It's technically only a two-hour exam, but my boss lets me "take as much time" as I need, which is great.

Then, there's making sure we have the gas money to get Patrick's son on the weekends we have him; his ex-wife even said this morning (on the phone with him) that we could have his son next weekend, too (this weekend was ours; last weekend we had him, but mostly because the "correct" weekend was Mother's Day). I think it's great that she offered that. She also found out this morning that her best friend's mother ended her life. She's pretty upset about it (of course); her friend is going out of town for the funeral, and his ex is going to watch her friend's daughter.

Advice is welcome; I'm not asking for donations because honestly, that's fucking tacky and it's not cool to ask people you really don't even know (who may also be going through their own tumultuous times) for money to help you. It's all up to your own self to do what you need to do; don't depend on others to just give you money. Like I said, it's fucking tacky.

Anyway, it's a bit tumultuous. Oh yeah, and if yer my frien', you kin see dis. So, umm.. that's it.

If it were the Navy moving us to my home of record, it'd be one thing. I've been out of the Navy for too long now for them to do that. Patrick's home of record is Victorville; just two hours north of here. He's looking into what Household Goods can do for us; but if that doesn't work, we're paying for everything out of pocket. For gas, the moving truck(s), lodging and whatnot, we'll need at least $3,000; I upped it to $3,500 for a buffer of sorts. We're also having a yard/garage sale in late July to try and get some more money for our move fun. HE's too close to his EAOS for him to change his home of record, otherwise he'd have done it by now. =( He gets out 20 August; since we're in housing, we're on the road the next day. At least two of the moving companies we've contacted have quoted us anywhere between $2,500-$6,500 (I think; maybe it was $5,000; eitehr way, it's a lot of money); we'd still need something for our own vehicles and lodging.

New ETA: I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you. I really do appreciate it the support. Oh yeah, and the "just breathe" comments. I needed to hear/see those. It will still take some time to get things to work. I know the yard/garage sale will help a little bit. I'd ideally like to get it all (the credit card debt) done and taken care of before we leave for Colorado, but I know it won't happen. Patrick wouldn't get another paycheck.

His ex-wife said we could get Jeffrey again next weekend (on our "off" weekend), but we're afraid we won't have the money for gas. Even if we did, my mother-in-law normally gets the kiddo, but she'll be seeing her mother. We only have one car for the both of us (mine) and, even if he's off before me, the only way it'd work for him to get his son would be if he got the day off from work, drove the five hour round trip, and get back down to San Diego in time to pick me up at work and Bella from the sitter; I wouldn't ask him to take Bella with him on that long of a trip. Otherwise, if he left at the normal time, I'd need a ride home from work. THIS is really why we need one more car [for Patrick]. Anyone in San Diego willing to help out here? No money, just a ride for me to get home and maybe pick up Bella.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

10 Statements