Alice?

This is like a continuation of the classic story of Alice and Wonderland.  It's been a few generations since the original Alice.  Instead of the Victorian Age, it's the Modern Age.. present-day, if you will.

"Alice?  Alice, are you listening?"

The girl awoke from her nightmare of nonsense and looked at her mother.

"Hmmm?  I drifted off to sleep again."

"Again?  Aren't you getting enough sleep at night?"

"No, not really.  I keep getting these nightmares.  I haven't had them in years, it seems.  I'm not sure what's going on to bring them back."

"Maybe we should go to the doctor," said her mother.

"I'm up for anything at this point," replied Alice.

They made the appointment with a psychiatrist, Dr. Conrad, for that afternoon.  After a few moments of speaking with Alice and her mother, Dr. Conrad decided to try some hypnotherapy.

"All right, Alice.  Just listen to my voice and relax.  You'll feel your limbs become heavy, starting with your toes and working their way up your calves to your thighs and then through your fingers, arms, and shoulders.  Go to a happy place in your mind and relax.  When you're comfortable, drift from your happy place to where you think your nightmares begin.  Look for Wonderland and tell me what you see."

"I see a birdcage, rimmed with gold.  I'm trapped inside of it.  I see Cheshire Cat outside of it, making fun of me!  He was never really any help before, why would he be now?"

"Keep going, Alice."

"I'm trying to break free but all I can see is a small bottle.  There's a label on it that reads 'Drink Me.'  I don't know if I should; what will it do?"

"Drink it and find out, Alice."


What do you think should happen next?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?