Happy Veteran's Day

Thank you to the past, present, and future service members for your continued service.

My husband and I were active duty Navy for 4 and 6 years, respectively.  It's where we met and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Here are some of our photos.  My mother posted a bunch of them on Facebook.

#1 is with an ABH I became friends with.. and I'm still friends with her.  This was August 2003 onboard USS Peleliu (LHA 5).  We deployed for seven (supposed to be nine) months later that month.  #2 was my cruise book photo.  What you don't see is that I was only wearing the top for our dress blues uniform.  Photo #3 is of me and my boot camp buddy, Danica, on the day we deployed.  #4 is my mom and me.  Photo #5 is still me and my boot camp buddy, Danica; we're somewhere in that picture, standing next to each other.  Photo #6 was taken May 23, 2007-- my 26th birthday.  Bella six months old and Patrick deployed for five months. Five months may not seem like a long time for some, but for military families, it could be an eternity.  This photo made it into the next issue of Navy Times.  #6 in this set was me when I graduated from boot camp.  The last one my mother took while she was visiting San Diego.


The next batch of photos are my mother.  She was in the Air Force.  The baby you see in the pictures is me!! My mom was 23 when she had me.


My sister stationed on the USS Shiloh (CG 67).  The mountain man in the photos are my step-dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

At the check-out line