Playing Hooky

Actually, I'm not playing hooky today.  I worked for a few hours before coming home.  I was going to see if I could work a little later (until I had to go to class tonight) but I wasn't feeling it, so I left when I was supposed to.  If I were to play hooky all day, it would be spent on Facebook, CafeMom, Twitter, and playing Shaiya.

I love Words with Friends on Facebook.  It's a terrible addiction.  I keep my skills up once a week by playing Scrabble with my hubby and mother-in-law.

I have a favorite group or two on CafeMom, one of them being the Journals group.  I used to frequent the Journals section way back when CafeMom first started, but the quality of those journals started going downhill.  Really dumb (in my opinion) journals were getting votes from other moms to be in the top ten journals.  Journals like, "I woke up and made some coffee and now I'm going to veg all day," were hitting #1 on a regular basis.  I met a lot of my CM friends through the Journals section and then a spelling and grammar group.  A lot of us became friends on Facebook and we've been able to keep in touch better that way.

Twitter is just fun for me because I can keep up with my favorite celebrities, authors, etc. and I know it's them.  It's interesting to see how similar some of our lives really are.

Shaiya is an online role-playing game.  I think it's also called an MMO or MMRPG.  My husband and I played this game a lot when Belladonna was still a baby.  We'd stay up late Friday and Saturday nights playing the game with our friends.  Life happened and we stopped playing.  Recently (like earlier this week) we started playing again and we love it!!  We missed it so much.

That's pretty much what I'd be doing if I were to play hooky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

Is It Really A Wonder?

At the check-out line