How do you do that?

Some have asked what my writing style is like.  As far as blogs go, I typically write the same way I talk, with varying use of words depending on who I'm speaking with.  My speech tends to acclimate to the speech patterns of whoever I'm talking to.

When it comes to my story writing, I get a little from here, a little from there.  Often, my writing style is similar to whichever author I'm reading at the time.  The story I've been working on for the last several years started out as my own writing style.  I started reading the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and my story became a work of romance instead of fiction.  I read two trilogies from Nora Roberts, which only fueled the writing style.  Last summer, I started reading a series by Yasmine Galenorn.

I composed poetry when I was younger; I haven't written much of it in recent years.  I think I was still deployed when I wrote my last poem.  I think I need to write one for Belladonna for each of her birthdays and give them to her when she turns 18.  If I can find them, I'll have to try finding a photo of her from each year to affix to the page.

Now, if I'm trying to write something for a specific purpose, like a research paper, I use proper punctuation, grammar, spelling, all that jazz as well as using MLA format.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

10 Statements