September 11, 2001 -- A wake-up call

We all know what happened.  It was a huge wake-up call.  I have somewhat controversial views on this.

Yes, it sucks that it happened, but it brought Americans together again.  You see so many countries out there who are so proud of their people.  All the time.  It makes me sad that it has to take some pretty drastic measures for us to be proud.  Yeah, you see a lot of people wearing red, white, and blue in support and love for the good ol' United States, but those people are either veterans (like myself) or are from certain parts of the country.  I've been all over the continental United States and I've seen that those who live in the South are the most patriotic; it doesn't have to take a tragedy for them to feel kinship with one another.

It bothers me that for the rest of the United States, something absolutely terrible had to happen.

I'm proud to have served my country.  It's terrible that the World Trade Center was destroyed.  It was a wake-up call that needed to be made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?