Really, Mom?

I don't think my mother realizes that we have different priorities and different things going on than my sister.

It seems as though my sister will always have a good opportunity to get photos of my nephew done.  That's great as I enjoy seeing pictures of him.  However, it feels like my mother is hounding me for "professional" pictures of my daughter.  "I like the silly ones, but..." is what I see a lot from her on Facebook.

I'm sorry I don't get photos of my daughter all the time.  Yes, I married a photographer, but we have busy lives with work and school full time.  Doing professional photos of our daughter for my mother (or anyone else in our extended family) are not our top priority.  She's also asking for recent pictures of my bonus son.  The most recent pictures WE HAVE are from our last visit almost three years ago.

I really wish she'd stop.  It seems like she's comparing me to my sister.  Maybe it's just me over-reacting, but that's what it feels like.  My sister seems to be able to get professional photos done for my nephew for his birthday and a couple of other times during the year.  I'm sure my mother would love these, too, but we can't.  Even going to the photo place in Wally World isn't going to happen.  When I'm not at work, I'm at school.  When I'm not at school, I'm at work.  When I'm not at either place, I'm at home relaxing or doing homework.  The last place I want to be when I'm not working is AT WORK.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just NOT do photos of her at all OR if/when we do get professional photos done, not sending them to my mother.  She's been pushy about things.  At least, that's how it seems to me.

I don't remember if I posted this on my blog three months ago, so here it is.. again.


Mom
Gonna spend the day scanning photos and getting my duds ready for the ren fest tomorrow.5 hours ago · 
    • Sister The zoo opens back up July 1st, I have Darion most of the time between July 8th - 17th, just saying, the zoo is about all we have here. I will have to double check my dates but I think it's about right.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Mom Okay. I am not making any plans until next week. I thinkg I may go to Illinois for the 4th then up to see you and Darion (& Dan).
      5 hours ago · 


    • Sister Good luck seeing Dan. He has been working a lot lately.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Mom Life is never easy and it is always an adjustment to the new avenues we walk. The ability to adapt to new situations means the ability to survive whatever life throws at you. Eventually you will have more time with Dan.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Mom Sorry - didn't mean to sound preachy. I've been working on my life coaching business and that just fell out.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Sister I was just letting you know you won't see much of him. I wasn't complaining.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Mom Okay. Love you.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Sister Love you too. Thanks for planning a trip to see us.
      5 hours ago · 


    • Sister It's not the 8th, it's the 11th through the following weekend
      4 hours ago · 


    • Mom Then I think I will go to Illinois for the 4th, maybe hit Ohio, then come see you.
      4 hours ago · 

    • Me Have fun!
      2 hours ago · 


    • Mom Maybe I can make it to Texas for Bella's birthday
      14 minutes ago · 

    • Me If you can that would be great; I know Bella misses her Mimi.
      about a minute ago · 

    • Me But don't worry about it if you can't.
      about a minute ago · 


      Oh, and that bit where she thinks she's "preachy?"  Yeah, she really doesn't talk like that.  She's trying to make herself feel better and important.
      She also recently resigned as a bus driver for RTD.  She JUST got that job.  I guess she made the mistake of NOT asking the bus drivers just how taxing it is on their bodies (why she resigned/quit this job).  If she did that, she wouldn't have even bothered applying for it.  The longest job she's held was her military service; aside from that, she hasn't held onto a job longer than maybe five years.  Granted, I haven't had one longer than two, but if we'd been able to stay in San Diego, I'd still have the job I left (and had been employed for almost four years).
      I'm not going to pretend to be happy that she feels that "maybe" she'll grace us with her presence AFTER I commented on her status.  I don't think that I should.

Comments

  1. My father's family is always persecuting me for pictures of the kids. It's tempting to tell them to come out and take some themselves lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations

At the check-out line

Is It Really A Wonder?